Fall 2017 Line-up: School of Rock and Pinocchio
School of Rock - the musical
- Auditions will be held June 3, 2017
- Ages 11–18 – By Audition Only
- Rehearsals begin August 27, 2017
- Performances are Nov 30–Dec 3, 2017
- Cost: $480
To Participate in School of Rock:
- Age Requirement: You must be at least age 11 as of Sept. 30, 2017 and younger than age 19 as of Nov. 30, 2017.
- Registration: You must register for an audition time on the PPP website. There is a $50 non-refundable fee to sign up. You will only be billed for the remainder if you are cast in the show. Casting offers will be made by June 10, 2017.
- Auditions: You must be available to audition on June 3, 2017. Your audition time will depend on the order in which your registration is completed.
- What to Prepare For Your Audition: You will need to prepare a song, but not a monologue. Examples of good song choices are songs from Mamma Mia or Rock of Ages. Do not use a song from School of Rock or Hamilton.
- If You Play A Musical Instrument: If you play guitar, drums, or keyboard, please come prepared to demonstrate your ability.
- During the Audition: You will be asked to do a cold read, and to learn and perform a short dance routine in a small group.
- Rehearsals and Performances: You must be able to attend all rehearsals and performances. Beginning August 27, rehearsals will be held Saturdays from 2-6pm, Thursdays from 6–9pm, and Sundays from 1–5pm. Conflicts are allowed only on the weekend of October 14–15.
- Tech Week: begins Nov. 26 (the Sunday after Thanksgiving). You must be able to attend rehearsal on Nov. 26 from 4–7pm and every evening Monday through Wednesday, Nov. 27–29.
- Performances: There will be five performances: Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7pm, Friday Dec. 1 at 7pm, Saturday, Dec. 2 at 2pm and 7pm, and Sunday Dec. 3 at 2pm.
- Family Participation Commitment: A family member aged 16+ must participate behind the scenes. This includes attending the Community Work Days on September 17 from 1-5pm, October 7 from 2–6pm, and October 21 from 2–6pm, attending Nitty Gritty Day on November 19 from 2–7pm, and working at three of the five performances.
Registration opens Monday, June 12 at 7:00pm
- Auditions will be held August 26, 2017 – All who audition will be cast.
- Ages 5+ (as of September 9, 2017) Adults welcome, too!
- Rehearsals begin September 9, 2017
- Rehearsals are Saturdays from 10am–1pm and Sundays from 1-3pm.
- Conflicts are allowed ONLY on the weekend of October 14–15.
- Performances Nov 10–19, 2017
- Cost: $450
Pinnocchio: This new stage adaptation combines elements of the beloved childlren’s novel (The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi) and the animated version of the 1940 Disney movie.
Family Participation Commitment: A family member aged 16+ must participate behind the scenes. This includes attending the Community Work Days on September 17 from 10am-2pm, October 7 from 10am–2pm, and October 21 from 10am-2pm, attending Nitty Gritty Day on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10am-3pm, and working at three of the five performances.